I’m a degreed professional who has been playing the guitar for decades.
I've played for hundreds of events such as weddings, receptions, dinner
parties, corporate functions and more. I truly enjoy playing for people
and I would love to play for you.
Here are some of my guitar highlights that I‘m proud of:
which helps to start guitar programs in area schools and provide
- In 2016 I helped form a non-profit charity called Guitar Initiative
support to the teachers and students. www.guitarinitiative.org
Houston Grand Opera in their production of Hector Berlioz's
- In the fall of 2015 I performed in Rice University's production of
"The Barber of Seville".
- I performed on mandolin for Verdi's "Otello" with the Houston
Grand Opera in the fall of 2014.
- In July of 2014 I performed in the New York premiere of "The
Passenger" with the HGO as part of the Lincoln Center Festival.
- In May of 2014 I played mandolin in Mahler's 8th Symphony with
the Houston Symphony, with Christoph Eschenbach conducting.
- 2014 - Performed on electric guitar with the Houston Symphony in
"100 Years of Broadway".
- 2014 - Performed acoustic guitar for"Bluegrass Mass" by Carol
Barnett for the 1st United Methodist Church of Conroe.
- 2014 - Performed in the American premiere of "The Passenger" by
Mieczyslaw Weinberg with the Houston Grand Opera.
- 2013-Performed with the Houston Symphony: "Pixar in Concert"
- 2013-Played guitar in Jerome Kern's "Showboat" and mandolin in
Mozart's "Don Giovanni" with the Houston Grand Opera.
- In May of 2012 I played in two free performances of "The Barber of
Seville" with the HGO at Miller Outdoor Theater.
- In April of 2012 I will perform with the Shepherd School Chamber
Orchestra (Rice University).
- In January of 2012 I played Vivaldi's "Concerto in D" with the
Rapides Symphony Orchestra (LA) while accompanying the
Houston Ballet II.
- In the fall of 2011 I performed an on-stage role in "The Barber of
Seville" with the Houston Grand Opera.
- I recorded a CD of lullabies with Juilliard trained soprano Hanan
Alattar (aka Hana Bird) in the fall of 2011.
- In July of 2011 I played guitar and mandolin with the Houston
Symphony in "The Lord of the Rings".
- In February of 2011 I helped Bellaire High School organize and host
the first all city guitar festival for HISD.
- In March of 2010 I performed, along with duo partner Marc
Garvin, for former president George H. W. Bush and his wife
Barbara at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston.
- In July of 2009 I performed with the Houston Symphony the
music to the Blue Planet (BBC/Discovery documentary series). A
giant screen showed footage from the series as we played.
- In Feb. of 2009 I performed on live TV for the First Methodist
Church in downtown Houston.
- Oct. and Nov. of 2008 I performed in costume on stage with the
"Beatrice and Benedict".
- July of 2008, performed with the Houston Symphony and Monty
Python's Eric Idle and John DuPrez in the comic oratorio "Not the
Messiah". I played five different types of guitars on this job! Steel
string acoustic, 12 string, electric, archtop electric and even some
classical (although guitarist Marc Garvin was also there handling
the difficult classical work). Fun gig! Eric was interested in my
guitars and very nice. (By far, the nicest member of Monty
Python that I've ever worked with : )
- In April of 2007 I dipped my toe into the pool of composition and
gave the first performance of my work "Dark/Light" for guitar and
loop machine' at the Good Friday Project, Trinity Episcopal
- I performed on mandolin for the first time in Mozart's "Don
Giovanni" with the HGO in the fall of 2006.
- In 2005, I performed with the Houston Grand Opera in their
production of Verdi’s “Falstaff”. This was later broadcast
nationally on NPR's World of Opera. In 2006 I will join them
again in Donizetti’s “Don Pascuale”.
- In 2003, I performed Joaquin Rodrigo’s “Fantasia para un
Gentilhombre” with the Houston Sinfonietta, George Blytas
- I have helped to develop a hugely successful guitar program at
Bellaire High School which has close to 400 guitar students this
- I’ve taught guitar at Houston Baptist University, San Jacinto
College and College of the Mainland.
- I was a co-founder of Houston’s classical guitar society - Guitar
Houston - and served on the board of directors from 1997-2005.
- I’ve performed with various area ensembles such as Tapestry,
Mosaic, the Bronze Ensemble, the University of Houston Chorale
Artists and the Texas Music Festival Orchestra.
- I’ve played in most of the fine hotels and country clubs in the
Houston/Galveston area as well as the Wortham Center, Moores
Opera House, the Alley Theater, the Astrodome, Union Station at
Minute Maid Park, the 1859 Ashton Villa in Galveston and even
on yachts in the Gulf of Mexico.
- In 2000 I performed the world premiere of James Cohn’s “Entre dos
Mundos”, opus 74, for clarinet and guitar with Dr. Raphael
Sanders at Stephen F. Austin State University.
- In 2000, I performed in the first U.S./Mexico Guitar Orchestra as
part of the Guitar Foundation of America festival in San Antonio.
- In 1996, I won a scholarship to study in Rome with the
- In 1995, I completed my Master of Music Performance degree from
the University of Texas at Austin, 3.9 GPA.
- In 1992, I completed my Bachelor of Music Performance degree
from Texas Sate University, magna cum laude.
- In high school, the band I played in rocked my senior prom!
|Classical Guitarist Mark Moore
Houston Grand Opera
"You are truly a gifted, artistic
musician. I appreciate all the
work you did for us."
-Mrs. Snyder, mother of
"We were so pleased with
everything! The music was
everything I had dreamed.
You made the day complete!"
-Mrs. Landrum, bride
"After completing a
2000 person wedding
and working with many
professional services in
Houston, one person
stood out for the superb
service he gave us.
Mark Moore is an
guitarist in a wide range
of musical styles. His
performances are fresh,
exciting and creative."
mother of the bride
Houston Grand Opera
Houston Grand Opera
Houston Grand Opera